Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

We're three for three!  For our last birthday this month, my daughter wanted to have an ice cream party at the Splash Park.  But with a little baby, I didn't think I could handle a bunch of kids all by myself.  So instead of an ice cream party, we just had a simple party with my little family, featuring ice cream cone cupcakes!

It was a great compromise!

I think this is one of my favorite "cakes" I've made for my kids!  They turned out to be SO DARLING!!!  And it really was pretty easy.




Here's what I did:

Bake some cupcakes and let them cool.
Place waffle cones onto a serving tray or whatever you're displaying them on.
Frost cupcakes with a swirling motion using four different colors (I did white frosting, pink frosting, green frosting and chocolate frosting).
For the white frosted cupcakes, I topped them with a Duncan Hines Amazing Glazes to get the glossy ice cream topping look.
Top with whatever extras you'd like, like the mini chocolate chips, sprinkles, or toffee bits that I used.
Arrange the cupcakes with the waffle cones.
Using a size 12 Wilton tip, I piped the swirls at the bottom of each cupcake to fill in the gaps between the cupcakes.
And you're done!  You can then stand from above and marvel at your adorable creation.

6 comments:

Lacey and Zach said...

You are so talented! thank you for sharing your amazing ideas. i love them all. you have helped me so much in preparing my family meal. i would be lost without your blog.

Audra said...

super cute!!

Hannah said...

Lacey you are so sweet! Thank you so much for your kind compliment. I so appreciate it!

And thanks to you too, Audra!

Eileen said...

looks lovely, Hannah, I was wondering about the Napoleons;how far ahead can you prepare them without the pastry getting soggy or does it not get soggy as I want to make these for friends. Thanks
Eileen(emcclean@telus.net)

Hannah said...

Eileen, the Napoleons can get soggy fairly quickly. I wouldn't make them any earlier than an hour or two at the most, just to make sure that they're at their best!

Vicki said...

How stinking cute are these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...