Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

Since getting our computer back, fixed and no files lost, I decided I'd better go through my pictures and make a list of what's on my computer waiting to be put on my food blog. Guess how many I found.....65!!! I believe I did this not too long ago and even finished those recipes. Now I have 65 more! I guess that's what I get for taking the summer off.

In an effort to catch up, I've posted four recipes today. So keep reading to see what else has been cooking around here.



Almost every Sunday, my hubby and I like to try a new recipe for some kind of cookies. When we tried this recipe from my friend, Marcel, we both agreed, this is why we keep trying new recipes. We find gem recipes that are definite keepers, like this one. Thanks, Marcel!!!

Here's what you'll need:

1 C. butter
2 C. sugar
3 eggs
2 medium mashed ripe bananas
4 C. flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
chocolate chips
chopped walnuts (if desired)

Cream butter. Add sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add alternately with mashed bananas.
(If I remember correctly, I added the bananas and then the flour. They turned out just fine.)

Add chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired.
Drop on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 9 minutes with a regular oven or 7 minutes with a convection oven.

Aaahhhhh...perfection!!!

Do you think I added enough chocolate chips???

18 comments:

Megan said...

I just made these and they are FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing!

Hannah said...

So glad you liked them!

Unknown said...

Delicious, and the batter is pretty darn amazing as well! My toddler loved this recipe as well!

Sara said...

These cookies look totally amazing! Love the idea of using bananas in chocolate chip cookies - yum!! Definitely going to be trying these.

Sara said...

Hi there - just wanted to let you know that I made this recipe and posted about it on my blog - turned out perfectly, and so delicious! Thanks for the great recipe! :)

http://cupcakemuffin.blogspot.com/2012/04/chocolate-chip-banana-bars.html

Ari said...

Hi there!

I love your blog, especially the recipes with chocolate!

I'm a student at Oberlin College, and I have recently done a lot of research into Fair Trade/fairly traded chocolate. After learning that the majority of the chocolate in production comes from slavery, including child slavery and trafficking, I became very committed to this cause. I love baking, especially with chocolate, and I have collection of food blogs that I love. I'm beginning to contact my favorite bloggers, one by one, and recommend Fair Trade, Rainforest Alliance, or other fairly traded chocolates, if you don't know about or use them already.

Some of the "Big Chocolate" companies that use slavery in the production of its cocoa products include Hershey, Nestle, Godiva, Lindt, and many, many more. This documentary has absolutely changed my life. If you're interested in knowing more about the horrible abuse and slavery happening right now on Africa's Ivory Coast, please check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfbv6hNeng


Thankfully, Hershey has come out with a Rainforest Alliance Certified chocolate called "Bliss." It is available in grocery stores, CVS, etc. Also, here is a list I found in a Huffington Post of the best slave-free chocolate to buy:

"Purchase chocolate products from companies who only use cocoa that has definitively not been produced with slave labor. These companies include Clif Bar, Cloud Nine, Dagoba Organic Chocolate, Denman Island Chocolate, Divine Chocolate, Equal Exchange, Gardners Candies, Green and Black's, John & Kira's, Kailua Candy Company, Koppers Chocolate, L.A. Burdick Chocolates, Montezuma's Chocolates, NewLeaf Chocolates, Newman's Own Organics, Omanhene Cocoa Bean Company, Rapunzel Pure Organics, Shaman Chocolates, Sweet Earth Chocolates, Taza Chocolate, The Endangered Species Chocolate Company, and Theo Chocolate."


Thank you so much for your time, and for your beautiful blog. If you would like any resources about where you can buy slave-free chocolate, please let me know!

Sincerely,

Ari Mason

Carli said...

I am making these right now... but as i see them in the oven they def dont look like yours =[ they are really flat... hope they are still yummy

Juliet said...

Wow, I just baked these tonight and they were beyond fantastic. An added bonus is that they're so fluffy and cute!!! Very soft in the middle, and I'd say that they're a cookie-cupcake hybrid in texture. So delicious! No doubts that I'll be making more of these in the future. Thanks for sharing this recipe with us! :)

Hannah said...

Juliet, thanks so much for your comment! I'm so glad you liked them!!

Anonymous said...

I will be making these this weekend. They look YUMMY! Can't help but notice your mixer. I have never seen one like that. What brand? Passed down from family? I'd love to see a picture of the whole mixer!!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make a double batch one with the walnuts and Chocolate chips then the other batch with white chocolate chips with macadamia nuts...thanks for the recipe.

Unknown said...

I have made these a few times and everyone loves them.

Anonymous said...

So yummy......they will not last long in my house, I used a Silpat mat on my cookie sheets and they did not stick. they were soft and delicious right out of the oven.

Hannah said...

Thanks for taking the time to comment! So glad you liked them!!

Amanda said...

Just found this recipe on Piterest while lookig for ways to use up some bnanas. I can't wait to try it, but I have to know- what kind of mixer is that??!!

The Reed Review said...

Have you ever frozen these?

Unknown said...

Wei would like to know also where did you get your mixer. I would love to have one

Anonymous said...

I made these with 1:1 King Arthur gluten free flour and they were perfect

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...