Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Cinnamon Cream Syrup

One weekend, we decided to make breakfast - pancakes, I think. After I mixed up the batter and handed it over to my hubby to cook, I went to pull out the syrup. As I rumaged around the cupboard, I remembered that we had finished it off the last time I made breakfast. I didn't have time to run to the store and get some more, so I jumped online and started searching for recipes.

My kids love maple syrup but I soon found that I didn't have any maple extract either. So when I came across this recipe from allrecipes.com, I thought I'd give it a try since I had all of the ingredients. Boy, am I glad I did! This is our new favorite syrup and we all agree that it is WAY better than maple!! So, as promised, here is today's yummy recipe that you MUST try!

Here's what you'll need:

1 C. sugar
1/2 C. light corn syrup
1/4 C. water
3/4 tsp. cinnammon
1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk

In a saucepan, combine first four ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk. Serve over pancakes, waffles, or french toast. Our favorite is to serve it with french toast because it makes it even more cinnammonny (is that a word?)! But we love it with any of those options!! It is so good; try it and let me know what you think!

8 comments:

Candria said...

Ooooooh! I am excited to try this one. We make coconut syrup a lot. Dean says he can feel it clogging his arteries, but it is so good! Can't wait to try this one!

VALERIE said...

HHMMMM THAT SOUNDS SO GOOD I WILL DEFINITLY TRY THIS ONE.

VALERIE said...

Hannah i tried this tonight for supper with one of my Favorite waffle recipes. The kids totally loved it. Ryan and I really like it as well. I double the batch and Dallin made sure that there was more for in the morning. It is a wonderfuyl recipe.

Aubrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aubrey said...

Can I just say, thank you for creating this blog! I have been wanting to try out some new recipes! I tried your spaghetti pie recipe and loved it. I even gave one of my pies to my friend and their family also love it! The cinnamon rolls are to die for! I cannot get enough of them. They take a long time to make but it is so worth it! I made french toast this morning and tried this cinnamon cream syrup. We all loved it, especially Allie. She thought it tasted like cinnamon rolls! I am so excited to try out all of your other recipes. Thank you so much for sharing!

Diane said...

Wow! I love this syrup on pancakes! It is now a staple in our fridge. Thanks, Hannah!

Anonymous said...

Does this need to stay in the fridge or at room temp between uses?

Hannah said...

I keep this in the fridge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...