Thursday, June 4, 2009

Steak Dry Rub

I've been waiting almost a year to publish this post. I made this last at the end of the summer last year and have been watching it come across the slide show that I have on my computer's screen saver. And now that grilling season is here, I can finally share my FAVORITE steak rub. Yay!!

Here's what you'll need:

2 T. McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning
1 T. rosemary leaves
1 T. seasoned salt
oil

Combine the steak seasoning, rosemary, and seasoned salt. Rub onto any kind of beef steaks and drizzle with a little bit of oil.


Place on a heated grill.

A trick for getting those cool grill marks is to lay your meat on the grill at a diagonal. After a couple/few minutes, turn (not flip) the meat to the opposite diagonal. When ready to flip, do the same the on the other side.

I didn't do that in the picture below, but I do that when we have company.

When finished grilling, put steaks on a plate and cover with foil. Let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes to allow the juices to redistribute. You'll also end up with juices collected on the plate.

Use the juices to spoon over steaks before serving.

Mmmm, mmmm, mmm, mmmmm, mmmmmmm!!! It makes my mouth water just looking at this! Give it a try.

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

We are having tons of fun trying your dinner recipes! I'm leaving comments so that I remember what our family liked when I go to make it again! This rub is delicious for variety, and we are going to try it again without Rosemary next time. What does the oil do for the meat? Love the foil tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...