Saturday, February 7, 2009

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

When one of my sisters came to visit, we wanted to make a treat. So I brought out my new cookbook and we carefully read through each recipe in the cookie section until we came across this recipe.

To be honest, I don't like peanut butter cookies. They are always crisp and crunchy - not what I like in a cookie! So when she said that she wanted to make this recipe, I just figured that I could send them home with her and my brother.

When they had finished baking, I tried one just to confirm the fact that I don't like peanut butter cookies. I was HUGELY suprised!!! These cookies were so good, the best peanut butter cookies I'd ever had and suspect will ever have. You MUST try these!!

Here's what you'll need:

Cookie Dough:
3/4 C. butter, softened
1 C. peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla
2 1/2 C. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 C. mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 C. mini Reeses Pieces for baking (found by the chocolate chips in the store) or you can chop up peanut butter cup candies

Filling:
3/4 C. peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
1/3 C. packed dark brown sugar
1/2 C. sweetened condensed milk
2 T. light corn syrup
1/4 C. butter, softened

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars; blend well. Fold in eggs and vanilla. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to make a soft dough. Fold in chocolate chips and mini Reeses Pieces.

For the filling, cream together all ingredients for 2-3 minutes until you make a paste that holds together.

Form a ball of dough; gently press on the cookie balls to flatten slightly. Place a large spoonful of filling on top. Bake until just set, about 12-15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.


Wow, these are so amazingly good!! Everyone that ate them LOVED them! Do try!!!

1 comment:

JC Photography said...

I love your blog!!!! Yum - these look delicious!!! I need to leave more comments - just know that your posts are appreciated by those of us who need a dinner idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...