Sunday, December 11, 2011

Orange Rolls

I've got a super crazy week coming up this week.  Like, super crazy!  So, I'm being on the ball and posting a new recipe for you to try this week, since I'm sure I won't be posting again until closer to Christmas.  Maybe even after.  We'll see.

About a month ago, this blog has exploded all thanks to my super amazing and very talented friend, Nicole.  She's an incredible photographer and she decided one day to take pictures of the Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring as she made them for her family.  She posted her gorgeous pictures on her blog and on Pintrest.  They spread like wildfire!  Well, here's another version of those sticky buns.
                                  

I'm so excited to post another incredible recipe from my friend, Kolette.  These are similar to the sticky buns that I posted earlier this year, but made with an orange syrup.  These are really terrific!

Here's what you'll need:

2 tubes refrigerated biscuits (the smaller biscuits or the Grands biscuits)
1 cube (1/2 C.) butter or margarine
1 C. sugar
Zest and juice of 1 orange

Combine the butter or margarine, sugar, zest, and orange juice in a small saucepan and heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted, stirring frequently.    

 I really liked using these Pillsbury Grands! biscuits with the flaky layers.  You didn't have to have a whole biscuit if you didn't want to.  You could just peal off as many layers as you wanted.  Fantastic!  
 But they really would work just fine with the smaller biscuits too.
 Using a fork or tongs, dip each biscuit into the sauce, scooping some of the zest onto the biscuit.  Place into a well-greased bundt pan.


 Pour remaining sauce over the biscuits.
 Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes.
 When done, immediately turn onto a platter and serve.  I place the platter on top of the rolls, then flip the whole thing over.

 Amazing!

 And so delicious!!  I loved the orange flavor.
 Enjoy!!!

19 comments:

nancy said...

Looks so good! You can also make little breakfast biscuits with these in a muffin pan. A few pecans, butter, brown sugar, and put a biscuit on the top of all that. Bake and flip muffin tin over onto a cookie sheet. Voila!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to make this version!

Hannah said...

Nancy, I LOVE that idea! I'm totally going to try that.

Mary Bergfeld said...

These really do look good. I am new to your blog, so I took a little extra time to browse through your earlier entries. I'm so gload I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Hannah said...

Thank you so much, Mary! Welcome!!

Megan said...

My favorite thing as a kid were those orange cinnamon rolls so I can't wait to make these Christmas morning! I'm swing by Whole Foods to grab some biscuits today!!!

Ashley said...

YES! This is the recipe blog I have been searching for!! Love it!

Ashley said...

YES! This is the recipe blog I have been searching for!! Love it!

Idaho Beagleys said...

Made them and they were way yummy. Thanks Hannah!

Rebecca said...

I made them this week, but actually quartered the biscuits similar to monkey bread and used a slotted spoon. It was quite awesome and totally yummy!

Allison said...

Thanks so much for the great idea. :) I just adapted the recipe to make strawberry sticky buns and they were great! I linked to your blog on my site; so, I thought you may like to see. Thanks again for sharing this idea!

Pretty Fine Day: Strawberry Sticky Buns

Sarah said...

I made this for the Superbowl and everyone loved it, I also cut the biscuits into quarters because I didn't have the flaky biscuits. It turned out great, I will make this again and again!

Anonymous said...

I tried these this morning- SO GOOD. i used buttermilk biscuits, and zested 2 oranges, and used the juice of 1.5 of them because my hubby really loves orange things. They turned out absolutely fantastic! Next time i may add in cranberry to the melting mix, because orange-cranberry is awesome :)

Hannah said...

To my anonymous friend, you're so right...orange-cranberry is awesome. I'm going to be trying that next time I make this.

Thanks so much for the comment, and for everyone else's comments as well! I love them!!!

Anonymous said...

The website below stole your recipe and posted it on their site. This person has done this to many other bloggers and I notified them today. You need to copy the posts and send a message to Pinterest. They already wrote back to me about my recipe photos that were taken. This person needs to be shut down.
If you go to the link below you will see that your photos and recipe were used on this site and pinned many times with no benefit to you. People like this are just using our hard work to get eyeballs to their page where they make the ad revenue. I sent out a letter because my husband is an attorney. If you need a copy of what to send let me know but a simple warning letter will usually do the trick as well as a complaint letter to pinterest. If they lose their account on Pinterest they have nothing. It’s all about the traffic they get from there.

http://www.recipesquickneasy.com/orange-rolls/

You can give Pinterst this link because that is how they find postings.

http://pinterest.com/pin/511721576380043946/

Her page on Pinterest is here.
http://pinterest.com/abbeykoph/

Good luck,

Arlene

Hannah said...

Arlene, thank you for the heads-up. Looking at her website, I found two of my recipes and pictures on it. That's just not okay.

I so appreciate you making me aware of this thief and I've reported both of my recipes to Pinterest and will be leaving her comments as well. I would appreciate the letter you sent her from your husband. You can email it to me at all-things-delicious@q.com.

Thank you again!

ShannonD said...

Hannah...you are my new bet friend! I have your sticky bun breakfast ring in the oven right now and I just found this recipe while I was waiting on them. These look amazing too! Here's to the next few evenings exploring what else you have posted! Thanks!!

Hannah said...

ShannonD, thank you so much for the comment! Welcome and I hope you find lots of recipes you love!!

gtrma said...

These sound really wonderful! One question, if I don't have an orange, how much OJ would I use and could I use orange extract in the melted butter instead of the zest? If so, how much of that? Thanks! Can't wait to try this one out!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...