Monday, September 22, 2008

Dijon Chicken

I found this recipes on the side of a Rice-A-Roni box a couple years ago and our family has absolutely LOVED it! Everyone that tries it is suprised at what a good flavor it has. And you know, I've come to find that some of the best recipes come from the backs of packaged food. For instance, our favorite chocolate chip cookies came from the back of a bag of chocolate chips. Our favorite bar cookie came from the back of a flour package, and so on. I really have to say, give those recipes a try. You'll most likely be pleasantly surprised. These food companies are trying to show off their products, you know; so they'll be putting really good recipes on their packages to do so.

Anyway, back to the recipe...

Here's what you'll need:

2/3 C. dry bread crumbs
1 3/4 t. dried basil
1 t. onion powder
3-4 uncooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Dijon mustard
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 C. oil

Combine crumbs, basil, and onion powder. Spread on side of chicken breasts with mustard. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Coat with crumb mixture, dip into eggs, then again into crumbs. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken, cook on each side until done. Can serve with Rice-A-Roni.

I always double this recipe for our family and we really enjoy it. I hope you like it as much as we do!

4 comments:

VALERIE said...

This looks and sounds yummy. We might just have to try it.

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

I made this chicken last night and it was delicious! Tim loved it. I did one thing different though. I didn't have a couple of the spices you called for so I used my Montreal Spice instead, it had basil in it so I thought it would be close. Tim says this is a keeper.

Kasi said...

we had this tonight, it was yummy!

Nana Griffin said...

I just found this recipe on your site and it sounds good to me but my one son does not like mustard. I was wondering if it has a strong mustard taste or not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...