Monday, March 8, 2010

Garlic Cream Sauce

I have been going HOG WILD with the new community cookbook I helped put together last year. For the last two months I have been cooking with this book almost exclusively and have found that many of my neighbors are terrific cooks! So this week, hopefully everyday, I'll be posting a yummy recipe from my cookbook.

Today's recipe comes from my neighbor, Donna. In the cookbook she has a recipe called "Chicken Pasta" and it's a casserole. But when I made it, I didn't make it into a casserole. Instead, I made the pasta sauce and served it over Penne and a chicken breast. Oh my good heavens, the sauce was SPECTACULAR!!!

I'll give you the instructions on how to make the casserole too. But no matter what way you make this, you MUST try it!!!!!!!

Here's what you'll need:

1/2 C. sweet butter
2 garlic cloves, minced OR 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 C. heavy cream
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/2 C. grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 C. mozzarella cheese

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, cream, white pepper and bring it to a simmer. Stir often. Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and is smooth. When sauce has thickened, add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth.

As I said earlier, I served it like this...



To make it as a casserole:

Cook a package of Penne pasta. In the mean time, cook chicken (probably 3 chicken breasts), seasoned with Italian seasoning and Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Cube once cooked through. Cube enough ham to make two cups. Saute ham with sliced, fresh mushrooms and sliced green onions (as many mushrooms and onions as you'd like).

Combine the cooked pasta, chicken, and the sauce above. Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Top with the ham and mushroom mixture. Then sprinkle with shredded Swiss cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

It sounds delicious and I'll definitely be making this some day. But if you don't want to hassle with a casserole, definitely make the sauce to serve as I did! It is absolutely divine!!!

Oh, and just a note, if you have leftover sauce for the next day, it will separate. All you have to do is warm it up and whisk until it combines. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...