Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Indoor S'mores

Now we need a quick and easy treat! I used to make these years ago when they were popular. But the trend died out and I moved on, forgetting how much I like them.

Recently, when I needed a treat for a gathering, I decided to make these and was reminded of how yummy they are. Oh, how I love s'mores!

Here's what you'll need:

8 cups Golden Graham cereal
5 C. mini marshmallows
1 (12 oz) bag chocolate chips
1/4 C. light corn syrup
5 T. butter or margarine
1 tsp. vanilla


In a large bowl, measure the cereal. Butter a 9x13 inch pan. In a large pot, melt the butter, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and corn syrup over medium-low heat. When just melted, take off the heat and stir in the vanilla. Mix well. Then add the cereal, and if you want, more mini marshmallows. Press into the prepared pan and let cool.


You can use semi-sweet chocolate chips, like I did here. Or you can use milk chocolate. Either way, they're DELICIOUS!

1 comment:

Robinson Roost said...

It is nice to see you doing food entries again. I have missed them and the s'mores are one of my favorites too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...