Friday, November 6, 2009

Garlic Smashed Potatoes

Out here in potato country, I'm always trying to come up with yummy ways to use potatoes. When I came across a recipe from Martha Stewart for Garlic Mashed Potatoes, I tried it and liked it, but decided I could make it better. This is what I came up with...

Here's what you'll need:

3-4 lbs. red potatoes
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. sour cream
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 C. butter or margarine

Dice your potates into cubes, leaving the skins on, just scrubbed clean. Put them into a large pot and cover them with water. Bring to a boil and let cook for approximately 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain the water. With the cooked potatoes in the pot, stir in the remaining ingredients and slightly mash. You don't want all of the potatoes totally smashed smooth, otherwise the skins will be weird in there with the smooth potatoes. You should still have some chunks in there.

You can alter the amount of salt and garlic powder to make these potatoes not quite as strong if you'd like. But this is how I like them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...