Saturday, January 17, 2009

German Pancakes

My little family LOVES breakfast foods!! We are always so excited to try different things. I had tried to make German pancakes years ago, but never found a recipe that I was super impressed with. But when my sister made these German pancakes (Hottenany Pancakes, she calls them), I had to get the recipe. It is now a favorite at our house!

Here's what you'll need:

1 C. milk
6 eggs
2 t. vanilla
2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1 C. flour (heaping)
1/2 cube butter (1/4 C.)
Melt butter in a 9x13 pan while oven is pre-heating to 425 degrees. Mix all other ingredients together and pour into heated pan. A heaping cup of flourBake 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately with syrup, jam, or powdered sugar.
These are so easy to make, fun to eat, and taste great!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

We love this dish at our house, but we use a pan half the size (8x8) and they come out thicker. If you haven't tried it, DO!! SO good!! I have the final result of how it looks on my recipe blog: www.excellenteats.blogspot.com if you want to see. Seriously, SOOO good!

Mary Fox of Fox On The Run said...

Just got your recipe and will give it a go...my husband loves these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...