Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Chicken & Rice with Broccoli

Lately I've been posting a lot of recipes that are quick and easy, and this recipe is no exception. There actually is no recipe for this, you just throw things together and you're ready! My mom used to make this for our family quite often, and it's so great to just be able to toss together just before my hubby gets home from work.

Here's what you'll need:

Box of Chicken flavored Rice-A-Roni
Cooked chicken
14 oz. bag of frozen broccoli cuts (or you can use frozen peas - which is what my mom always did)

Just cook the rice as directed on the box. Cook the broccoli as directed on the bag. I stewed 3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts with some salt and pepper and then shredded them. I also like to use a rotisserie chicken bought from the grocery store and just shred that. Anyway, toss everthing together in the pan the rice cooked in. Cover and let warm until ready to eat.

That's it! How easy is that?!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Yummy and healthy. I used white rice to make it gluten free and added lots of butter and seasoned salt to the mixture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...