Monday, October 20, 2008

Cheesy Scrambled Egg Sandwiches

Scrambled eggs used to be something that I would just throw together and never really considered using a recipe for. That was until I came across an actual recipe for scrambled eggs. I though I'd try it, so I did. Now, I LOVE that recipe! It's what I use every time I make scrambled eggs.
After I got married, I would ask my hubby what he wanted for breakfast, and often times he would suggest egg sandwiches. Now it's something we, and our kids, love to eat. It's quick and easy, and warm - the perfect thing for a busy Saturday morning.

Here's what you'll need:

8 eggs
1/4 C. half and half or milk or cream
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper
1 T. butter
Whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, and pepper. Melt the butter in a 10 inch skillet over medium-high heat, coating the pan. Add the eggs and cook while gently pushing, lifting, and folding them from one side of the pan to the other until they are nicely clumped, shiny and wet, about 2 minutes. You'll want them to be slightly wet since they will continue to cook when covered. Remove the cooked eggs from the pan quickly. Top with shredded cheese and cover with aluminum foil. This will keep the heat in and melt the cheese. It will also give you the time you'll need to toast and butter your bread. When your toast is ready, scoop some cheesy eggs on one slice and top with another. I happened to use some day-old buns I made with the breadstick recipe I posted last, but you can use any bread you may have on hand. This egg recipe is a perfect companion to pancakes, waffles, muffins, and so on. Yummmmmmm, give them a try!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...