Saturday, September 17, 2011

Chicken Penne Pasta

I was talking to my mom on the phone the other night and she was telling me that she most enjoys the main dish recipes I post on here.  And I think she's much like most people - you just like to try new things for dinner.  It's an extra bonus when it's a quick, easy, and YUMMY dinner!

I got this recipe from my friend, Kolette, who got it from our friend, Heidi.  Both wonderful cooks who I trust entirely.  So I was looking forward to giving this recipe a try.  I love how simple it is to make and even more, how delicious it tastes.

Here's what you'll need:

1 (16 oz.) package penne pasta (or other pasta, I used bowtie)
1 (26 oz.) jar spaghetti sauce
1 jar Alfredo sauce
3 C. shredded Mozzarella cheese
3 C. cubed chicken, cooked

Place 1/2 the spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.  (I used 4 ramakins and a 7 1/2x11 inch pan since I needed individual servings for a special dinner I did.)  Layer 1/2 the pasta then 1/2 the Alfredo sauce, all the chicken, and 1/2 the cheese.  Repeat layers without the chicken.  Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.


See how easy that is?!  LOVE IT!  I might even try replacing the chicken with a sweet Italian sausage next time.  Mmmmmm...

Sorry I didn't get any after pictures.  It was gone in no time flat.  I hope you enjoy it like we did!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the idea of this dish! I'm going to have to try it!

Bethany Hopkins said...

Hannah- Do you cook the pasta before you put it all together? I totally want to try this one. Also do you season your chicken at all when you cook it?

Hannah said...

Bethany, yes, I cook the pasta first and definitely season the chicken. I like just the classic salt and pepper. Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brittanee said...

Where did the spaghetti sauce go?

Hannah said...

Brittanee, the spaghetti sauce goes at the bottom of each layer. So, first it goes at the bottom of the pan, then you layer 1/2 the pasta, 1/2 the Alfredo sauce, all the chicken, 1/2 the cheese, then the other half of the spaghetti sauce, pasta, Alfredo sauce, and cheese. Hope that makes sense!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...