Saturday, March 26, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

My friend, Heidi, was so sweet to bring us a meal after we had our last baby (which was almost two years ago - didn't I say something about me having a problem with thinking about a recipe for years and then finally trying it?). It was so delicious! When I got her recipe, I knew I had to try it.

Want to know the best part about it? IT'S SO EASY!!!!!! My kind of recipe! So, thank you, Heidi for making my life easier and taste so much better!!

Here's what you'll need:

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C. sour cream
4-5 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1 1/2 pkgs. Townhouse crackers OR 1 pkg. Ritz crackers
1 T. poppy seeds
4 T. melted butter
Cooked Rice

Mix together the soup and sour cream.
Add the chicken and place in a 9x13 inch pan.
Crush the crackers and spread on top of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle poppy seeds over all, then pour melted butter over crackers.

(The next time I make this, I'm going to combine the crushed crackers, poppy seeds, and butter. Then sprinkle it over the chicken mixture.)
Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Serve over cooked rice.

See how easy that was?! LOVE IT!!!

6 comments:

Trulee said...

I mix the poppy seeds in with the soup mixture. Just a thought.

Hannah said...

Good idea, Trulee! I'll have to try that next time. Thanks!!

Lisa said...

I just made this recipe for the first time last week and it was a HUGE hit--but I mixed the crackers, butter and poppyseeds together. Soo yummy!

Hannah said...

So glad to hear it, Lisa!

Reba said...

Hannah, if you want a different taste you can use Uncle Ben's wild rice instead of white rice. I use the 5 minute box and it taste's great.

Hannah said...

Oh, Reba, I LOVE the sound of that!! I'll be trying it the next time I make this. Thank you for the tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...