Thursday, January 22, 2009

Monster Chocolate Chip Cookies

At Christmas time, I had made my list of people that I wanted to deliver goodies to, made the goodies, and delivered them. A couple of days later, I realized that I had forgotten someone from my list. I was NOT going to make sugar cookies again for just one family. (Making them the last time was such a horrible experience, I'm not so sure I'll ever make them again.) I wanted to make something that they, and their five young kids, would all enjoy getting and eating.

So when I came across this recipe for these super huge chocolate chip cookies, I thought they'd be perfect. I mean really, who wouldn't like to get gigantic cookies to eat?! So we tried out this recipe and loved it as did our friends and their kids!!

Here's what you'll need:

1 C. butter, softened
1 1/2 C. brown sugar, packed
1/4 C. granulated sugar
1 T. vanilla
2 large eggs
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 C. flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 C. semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 C. chocolate chunks (you can buy them in a bag or just cut up a candy bar)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Move oven rack to upper third portion of the oven. In a mixer bowl, cream butter with sugars until well blended. Add the vanilla, eggs, and yolk. Fold in flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and chocolate chunks; blend well until you make a thick batter. Chill batter for at least 10 minutes, if possible. Using a 1 cup measuring cup, form 2 large balls and place on a baking sheet, spacing about 2 or 3 inches apart. Bake 20-24 mintutes or until cookies are nicely browned on top and just set up. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet 15 to 20 minutes before removing. When removing, use two large spatulas so cookies won't break apart. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.

How fun is that?! Although, next time, I think I'll use 1/2 cup of cookie dough if it's just for my little family, just to make handling a little easier. Try it out. Your kids will LOVE you!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...