Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins

I love muffins! It took me a while to find a blueberry muffin recipe that I really liked, but I finally did. Although, I have to say, I just got a new cookbook that has a recipe for blueberry muffins that I'm just going to have to try. I'll let you know if it is better than this one. But for now, this is my go-to recipe.

And just a note, you may notice that they don't actually have blueberries in them, but raspberries. After I made the batter I went in search for my blueberries and found that I was out and didn't have time to run to the store to get some. But I did have frozen raspberries. So we tossed those in instead. Though they were fine, I would definitely recommend using blueberries!!
Here's what you'll need:
2 C. flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. nutmeg
2 eggs
1 C. buttermilk
3/4 C. sugar & extra for the tops
1/2 C. oil
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 3/4 C. frozen blueberries
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a small bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until moistened. Do not overmix! Fold in blueberries (or raspberries if you must). Spoon batter into muffin tin. Sprinkle liberaly with granulated sugar.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean. Serve warm.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...