Monday, December 1, 2008

Italian Chicken Fettuccine

I was looking at my last post on Saturday and realized that I started Pasta Week on Friday. I think with school being out and Thanksgiving, I was totally thrown off on what day of the week it was. WOWIE!! That's all I have to say about that! So here we go with an extra long Pasta Week!!

Today's recipe comes from a friend of mine, Holly. My family loves this recipe because it's so creamy and good! And another reason why I like it is because you can freeze the sauce, thaw it, warm it through when you're ready and serve over cooked pasta. I made several batches of this before I had my last baby and stuck them in the freezer (along with LOTS of other dinners) so that I didn't have to worry about cooking once the baby came. SOOOOOOOO very helpful!!

Another good thing about this recipe is that it is so easy and is made in the crockpot. Everyone likes crockpot recipes because you let the pot do all the work. It's great!!!

Here's what you'll need:

1/2 cube (1/4 cup) butter (not margarine)
6 frozen chicken breasts
2 pkgs. Good Season Italian Salad Dressing Mix
2 (10 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
2 (8 oz) pkgs. cream cheese
1/2 C. milk
1 (16 oz) pkg. fettuccine noodles, cooked and drained

Melt butter in a crockpot on high. Add frozen chicken breasts (or you can use thawed chicken breasts and cook for 3 - 3 1/2 hours). Sprinkle with both packages of salad dressing mix. Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours (if using frozen chicken breasts) or until chicken falls apart, stirring occasionally. Remove chicken and cube. Set aside. Add soup, cream cheese and milk to the juice in the crockpot. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Add chicken and allow to warm through. Serve over fettuccine noodles. Or if you want to freeze it, add the chicken and pour or scoop into a gallon freezer bag and freeze.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...