Saturday, December 20, 2008

Carrot Cookies

My friend, Robyn, brought these delicious bites to my cookie exchange and everyone LOVED them. I've had them a few times before, but I've never gotten the recipe. These cookies have a strange sounding ingredient list, but put together, they are amazing!! I LOVE these cookies!

Here's what you'll need:

3/4 C. shortening
3/4 C. sugar
1 egg
1 C. cooked & mashed carrots
2 C. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 large orange

Cream sugar and shortening. Add eggs and beat well. Add mashed carrots. Sift dry ingredients into first mixture and add the rind of the large orange. Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet with a small serving spoon. Don't make the cookes too big; they are just bite size!  (I used my smallest cookie scoop.)

Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes (watch them closely; you don't want them to get too done). After cookies are cooled, frost each cookie with powdered sugar moistened with the juice of the orange you grated. Enjoy! *These are the star shaped cookies*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loves these so much my grandma used to make them when we were little :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...