Thursday, March 10, 2011

Chocolate Chip Topper Cookies

Funny name, I know. I found this recipe in my file of my mom's recipes years ago. I don't ever remember her making them as I was growing up, but after reading the recipe, I was curious to see if I would like them, with a few changes.

Sure enough, I did. But, who can blame me? What's not to like about chocolate chip cookies with melted marshmallows and a chocolate drizzle on top? There's nothing to not like about them. It's just plain yumminess (I think I've just created a word)! They're super easy and I love it when I get requests for something so simple that people absolutely rave about!

Here's what you'll need:

Your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe, I like THIS one or if you want a chocolate cookie then THIS one
Lots of large marshmallows, cut in half
Some melted chocolate chips

Mix up a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Bake cookies, but take out of the oven a minute before they're done.
Top each cookie with a marshmallow half and put back in the oven to bake for an additional minute or until the marshmallow is puffed but not browned.
Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Place parchment paper under the wire rack then drizzle the melted chocolate chips (or a chocolate icing) over the cookies.

My, oh my we love these cookies!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...