Thursday, March 10, 2011

Broccoli-Cauliflower Salad

This recipe comes from my next door neighbor's mother-in-law. It's one of my friends most favorite salad recipes. I was so excited to try it out and I'm so glad I did, but I just have to give one warning about it: it makes your fridge super stinky! I'd never made a broccoli-cauliflower salad before and was shocked when I'd open my fridge and get hit by the smell.

My best advice, make it for a barbecue or a potluck - something where a lot of people will be and have it eaten by the time you have to go home so that you don't have to store the leftovers.

But aside from the smell, it is a very delicious and healthy salad.

Here's what you'll need:

1 bunch broccoli
1 bunch cauliflower
8 strips cooked & crumbled bacon
1/3 C. chopped onion
1 C. chopped tomatoes
2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 C. miracle whip
1/3 C. sugar
2 Tbsp. vinegar

Combine the broccoli, cauliflower, bacon, onion, tomatoes, and eggs in a large bowl.
In a separate smaller bowl, mix together the miracle whip, sugar, and vinegar; mix well.
Add to the broccoli combination and combine well.
Salt and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...