Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Twice Baked Potatoes

I've been making lunches for the guys that my husband works with over the last several Saturdays. One thing they mentioned that they REALLY like are twice baked potatoes. So, this last weekend, I made some for them and I think they turned out Heavenly!!

This recipe comes from one of my mom's closest friends (and my good friend, Amy's mom), Janet. I found the recipe in a ward cookbook my mom gave me several years ago and have loved it ever since! Janet calls them "Jailbreak Potatoes" and I can see why. Anyone would break out of jail for these taters!!

Here's what you'll need:

4 lg. potatoes
2 T. butter, melted
1/2 C. whipping cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. white pepper
1/2 C. shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub and prick each potato. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour or until flaky. Remove from oven and cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, place butter, cream, salt, pepper, and cheese. Cut an oval of skin off of the tops of each potato and scrape out most of the potato's interior and put into the bowl with the other ingredients.
As you can see, I was making these for a crowd and used more than 4 potatoes.
Whip the potato mixture until smooth. Spoon the mixture back into the skins. Place the stuffed potatoes on a buttered, rimmed baking sheet and bake an additional 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.

I didn't get an after shot since I whisked them off to Brett's work. But the looked very similar to the picture above, but they had several golden peaks on them. Gorgeous and delicious!! Love them!!!!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Hey Hannah. For the choc. sheet cake, do you use a jelly roll pan
(15x10) or the bigger sheet pan? I think it's 17 x 13ish??

Hannah said...

I use my bigger sheet pan, yeah, I think it about 17"x13". Yep! Let me know how they turn out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...