Monday, April 26, 2010

Breakfast Pockets

One Saturday morning, I had an itch to make something new and different for breakfast. After the wheels in my head were turning for a while, I decided to make my own breakfast pockets. It was so much fun to create something new for us.

Here's what you'll need:

10 eggs
1 lb. sausage, cooked & crumbled
2 C. shredded cheese
4 (7.5 oz) tubes refrigerated biscuits

Cook the sausage and set aside. Scramble the eggs and cook in the same pan that you cooked your sausage in, scraping the bottom to get all of the yummy sausage bits in your scrambled eggs. Cook until creamy and still wet. Add sausage and combine. Roll out biscuits into thin circles. Put a mound of the sausage and egg mixture on the center of half of the rolled out biscuits. Sprinkle cheese over the egg mixture. Place another rolled-out biscuit on top and press the edges to seal. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a cooling rack and brush with butter. Serve warm. Makes about 20 pockets.
The kids and I really liked these. I also liked that we could just grab some out of the fridge, warm them up, and eat them on the run. But next time I'm going to try them with some country gravy or a cheese sauce to eat with a fork. Yummmmm!!!!

3 comments:

Kerin said...

Yummy looking breakfast pockets!!
I have a son getting ready to go on his mission.
I think I'll have to make some of these with him so that he will be able to cook something quick for breakfast when he is on his mission :)

Hannah said...

Thanks! That's a GREAT idea!! I should have done that for my brother before he left. Hmmm. Sounds like you're so on top of things!

Nicole and Lurlyn said...

Oh my gosh Hannah! Aubriana would LOVE these. Her two favorite things... sausage and scrambled eggs! Do you think if I made as many as your recipe calls for, they would freeze well? Would be great to make before baby comes and then just pop one out when she's hungry.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...