Monday, March 22, 2010

Chocolate, Chocolate Cake

I had a FABULOUS weekend!!! I hosted a Girl's Night at my house on Saturday and spent Sunday evening with my hubby's family. Both nights were filled with great food and fantastic company! Like I said, it was a great weekend!!

Sunday evening, I was in charge of bringing dessert (my favorite thing to make). So I took a look through my new cookbook and found a super simple and yummy sounding recipe and gave it a try. I got rave reviews on it!
So, thanks to my friend, Mandy, for submitting this recipe. It's so easy. Just dump the ingredients together, mix it up, bake it, dust with powdered sugar, and serve. It took me about ten minutes to get all of the ingredients out, put together, mixed, poured in the bundt pan, and into the oven, and get cleaned up. Then you let is bake for almost an hour. It's so easy!! And sooooooooooooooo delicious!!!! Very moist and chocolaty!!

Here's what you'll need:

1 chocolate cake mix
1 more egg than called for on box instructions
1 (3.9 oz) pkg. chocolate pudding mix, dry
1 C. sour cream
1 C. semi sweet chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, dump the cake mix and any ingredients called for on the box instructions plus one more egg, the dry chocolate pudding mix, and the sour cream. Beat for about 2 minutes then stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into a well greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Turn over onto a serving plate and dust with powdered sugar. This is fantastic served warm with a scoop of ice cream!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! If you like a chocolaty cake, you're gonna love this one! Try it out. You'll be glad you did!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...