Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sloppy Joes

Today's recipe is one that my family really enjoys. When those evenings come around when you've been so busy and haven't given dinner a second thought, this is what I usually turn to. It's quick and easy and everyone seems to like them. Oh, and one more thing, you can double this (because, really, what are you going to do with a 1/2 can of tomato soup?) and freeze what's left. Super handy!
Here's what you'll need:

2 lbs. ground beef
1 T. dried chopped onion (or 1 medium onion - I rarely use fresh onions because I hate that they sting my eyes and make me cry, so I usually go with dried onions)
1/2 can tomato soup
1/2 C. catsup
2 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. chili powder
1 1/2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 t. salt
1 1/2 t. dry ground mustard
Hamburger buns

Cook ground beef with dried onion and salt and pepper to taste. Drain. Add remaining ingredients; simmer 20-30 minutes.
Serve on hamburger buns with cheese.


That's it! How easy is that?! Try it the next time you are in a pinch!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...