Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cowboy Casserole

This dish is my son's favorite meal. I don't know if it's his favorite because of the name or if it's just that good. But what I do know is that it is quick, easy, and cheap to make. It also freezes well, which is handy when you have a new baby and don't want to cook. You just pull it out of the freezer, thaw it, bake it, and eat it. Handy, handy, handy!!

Here's what you'll need:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 T. dried minced onion
2 (15 oz) cans baked beans
2 C. barbeque sauce

1/4 C. brown sugar

1 or 2 tubes refrigerator biscuits (not the Grand's super big biscuits, just the cheap 50 cent store brand refrigerator biscuits. We like bread, so we always use 2 tubes and what doesn't fit on the casserole, we just bake to eat on the side.)

Shredded cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef with dried onion. Remove from heat. Stir in beans, barbeque sauce, and brown sugar. You can put it in a gallon freezer bag to freeze for another day or you can put it into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan, top with biscuits and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and bake another 5 minutes. And that's it! How easy is that?!


If you haven't noticed, the majority of my meals are on paper plates. The reason being that the majority of my meals are going out to the people working on building my house, and they eat on paper plates. But even if I were to use real dishes, I only have one set. Maybe when I get into my new house with more room, I will have space to get fun dishes. Until then, you get paper plates. Sorry!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...