Friday, August 1, 2008

Cowboy Burgers

If you are tired of the same old burger on the grill, you have GOT to try these burgers. Neither my husband or myself are fond of onions, so when I came across this recipe from Kraft's Food & Family Magazine, I was a little hesitant to try them. But I was looking for something different and went ahead and took the plunge and tried this recipe. So here's how to make it...

You'll need:

2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 onions, thinly sliced, separated into rings
8 hamburger patties
3 Tbsp. A-1 steak sauce
2 tomatoes, sliced
8 hamburger buns
8 cheddar cheese slices

Preheat grill to medium heat. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions; cook 5 mins., stirring frequently. Cover with lid. Simmer 20 mins. or until onions are golden, stirring frequently. Drain any liquid.


Now, my skillet that has a lid that fits was in the dishwasher while I was making this. So I used a saucepan instead - not that big of a deal. The onions still get cooked. Just use whatever you may have that has a lid.



Grill patties, 5 mins. on each side or until medium doneness (160 degrees F). Lightly toast hamburger buns, if desired, on the grill. Stir steak sauce into the onion mixture.
Place 1 tomato slice and burger on bottom half of each bun. Cover with a slice of cheese, 2-3 Tbsp. of the onion mixture and top of bun.
Pretty easy. And this is what you get...

Doesn't that make you hungry?! Mmmm...you've got to try this!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...