Thursday, August 21, 2008

Buttermilk Waffles

I have two favorite things to cook - breakfasts and desserts. I came across a new recipe from Everyday Food for buttermilk waffels. I thought, "Hmmm...I love my great grandmother's recipe for buttermilk pancakes. I wonder if I would love buttermilk waffles as much as the pancakes." So I gave them a try last weekend. All I have to say is, "WOW!!!"

I decided to make both buttermilk pancakes and waffles in case I wasn't pleased with the new waffle recipe. I made the mistake of eating a waffle first and then eating a pancake. Those waffles put my great grandmother's pancakes to shame!! Don't get me wrong, the pancakes are probably the best buttermilk pancakes I've ever had (a recipe that I'll soon be sharing), but the waffles are just a higher level of YUM!

Here's what you'll need:

2 C. flour (if I ever say flour, it means all-purpose, unless otherwise stated)
2 T. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 C. buttermilk
1/2 C. (1 stick) butter, melted
2 eggs (if I ever say eggs, it means large)

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, and eggs; add flour mixture, and mix just until batter is combined.
Look at how pretty and fluffy this is!
Heat waffle iron. Spray with cooking spray. Pour batter on to iron. Close iron; cook until waffles are golden brown and crisp, 3-5 mins. Eat while warm or transfer to a rack set on a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven to 275 degrees to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...