Friday, January 6, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Happy new year, everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and some fun for new year's.  We sure did!  But, I've missed blogging and I'm so happy to be back.

With it being a new year, I've made some goals and plans for my food blog.  What I'm most excited about is to introduce you to my friend Nicole.  I've mentioned her in several past posts, but I really wanted you to get to know her.

Nicole and I were best friends all through high school and roommates our freshman year of college.  We did EVERYTHING together!  We both got married just a few months apart and our lives separated us by where we lived, but as time has proven, nothing has come between the fact that we are soul sisters and always will be.

Nicole has gotten into photography over the years and she is good.  REALLY good!  Check out her PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG HERE.  She has so graciously agreed to take some pictures of some of my recipes since my pictures are somewhat lacking in comparison to her amazing pictures.  She really captures the beauty of cooking and delicious food!

So, please join me in welcoming my very good friend, Nicole!!  And please enjoy some of her gorgeous photography!


Here's what you'll need:

3 (15 oz.) cans chicken broth or about 4 C. homemade chicken broth
2 T. dried onion OR 1 C. onion, diced
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 3/4 - 2 C. thick and chunky salsa
1 C. frozen petite white corn
1 can black beans
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
Tortilla strips or tortilla chips

Garnish for topping: cilantro, sour cream, avocado, lime juice, shredded cheese

Combine the first six ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes.

Add chicken and heat through.  Serve with tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips in the soup.  Top with garnishes of your choice.
Simple and delicious!  Enjoy this warm bowl of soup sometime this cold winter.  And, thank you, Nicole, for the fabulous pictures!!!

1 comment:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is such a nice recipe. I am new to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes that you share with your readers. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...