Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Pretzel Sandwiches

Are you hooked on Pintrest like I am?  What a wonderful place to go to get great ideas and so many different kinds of yummy recipes!  Today's recipe is one that I've seen floating around as other's pins.  It's one that I've been making for a while, given to me by my aunt Janell.  Talk about DELICIOUS!!

On all of the recipes that I've seen on Pintrest and other food blogs, those recipes call for brown sugar.  I remember Janell advising me to use all powdered sugar and no brown sugar in the recipe.  The first time that I tried it, I thought I'd stick to the original recipe.  So I used brown sugar.  BLAH!!  It gives the filling a grainy texture, not like the smooth and creamy filling I had tried at my aunt's house.

Ever since then, I only make this recipe using powdered sugar - NO BROWN SUGAR.  It makes a world of difference!

Another change I'd recommend is using pretzel snaps (square pretzels) rather than these mini twisted pretzels.  The filling stays in much better.

Finally, on to the recipe...

Here's what you'll need:

2 C. creamy peanut butter
4 T. softened butter
3 C. powdered sugar
1 bag of pretzel snaps (not butter snaps, pretzel snaps) (or mini twisted pretzels if you must)
1-2 bags of chocolate chips (milk or semi-sweet, I prefer semi-sweet)

Beat the peanut butter and butter until smooth.  Add the powdered sugar and mix until well combined.  Make a 1-inch ball of the peanut butter mixture and press between two pretzels.  Place on a cookie sheet.  When the sheet is filled, place it in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes to firm.  Dip peanut butter/pretzel sandwiches halfway into some melted chocolate.  Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and freeze or refrigerate again until firm.  Then they're ready to eat!

Peanut Butter + Chocolate + Sweet + Salty + Crunchy + Creamy = The Perfect Munchies
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...